Question Unanswered: Reading a UDB table and writing to Oracle.

Hi. I am new to the board and I hope this is the right place to ask for help. I have to accomplish the following task and I really do not have any idea where to start. I know SQL, but very little about UDB.

I am assumming a C with embedded SQL program is the way to go. If you know a better way, please tell me. I think UDB has tools that will do this, but from what the DBAs tell me, we don't own any.

I need to write a program (C) that will run as a scheduled job on an AIX server. This program will need to connect and query multiple lines of data from a UDB v7 database. It will then need to connect to an Oracle V8 database and update an Oracle table with this data. The SQL for this is very simple, but how to connect and communicate with both UDB and Oracle is unknown to me.

Both Oracle and UDB are on AIX. The C program will run on the Oracle server. I'm going on the idea that I need to use stand-alone C and not one of the database C programs because I am going to have SQL for 2 different RDBMS' and I'm not sure the precompiler for either one would work.

If you can offer any help, it would be much appreciated and if there is an easier way, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.
    Last edited by unforgiven; 09-17-03 at 15:05.