Thread: Crosstab Query

Unanswered: Crosstab Query

Is there anyway to create a crosstab query where you can specify more than one column field? For example, I would like to see results grouped by group type (total of 3 groups) and then answer type (y, n, na) for the columns, and then heading and question as the rows, with the count of the answers as the values. So far it seems like the developers of Access could never foresee the need for multiple column selections? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.

Re: Crosstab Query

I was recommended to create several crosstabs queries, and then join them with a union query. I'm not sure if there's a way to code it in one query or not.

Havana

Originally posted by mackermj
    Is there anyway to create a crosstab query where you can specify more than one column field? For example, I would like to see results grouped by group type (total of 3 groups) and then answer type (y, n, na) for the columns, and then heading and question as the rows, with the count of the answers as the values. So far it seems like the developers of Access could never foresee the need for multiple column selections? Any help is greatly appreciated. TIA.