Question Unanswered: Authorization of select to nickname

I have a user in UDB DB2 v8.1 to which I want to give authorization of select nickname and I do it of the following way:
    Grant select on schm.mytabla to user myuser
    and makes without ningun error.
    but when login me and I do select of this nickname leaves the following message to me :
    SQL0551N The ODBC authid " does not have the privilege to perform operation" unknown " on object "unknown ". SQLSTATE=42501
    The rare thing is that before podia to do this select to nickname with this same user, but I had to create nickname again and again assigns the respective authorization to him but now does not work.
    thanks to all...

Re: Authorization of select to nickname

I'm not too sure, but to my understanding , If you want to grant access to a user over the nickname, you will have to create a user mapping for the user ...

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by zarconja
    I have a user in UDB DB2 v8.1 to which I want to give authorization of select nickname and I do it of the following way:
    Grant select on schm.mytabla to user myuser
    and makes without ningun error.
    but when login me and I do select of this nickname leaves the following message to me :
    SQL0551N The ODBC authid " does not have the privilege to perform operation" unknown " on object "unknown ". SQLSTATE=42501
    The rare thing is that before podia to do this select to nickname with this same user, but I had to create nickname again and again assigns the respective authorization to him but now does not work.
    thanks to all...
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Wink Re: Authorization of select to nickname

Thanks... if I work, but strange it are that I have another user who not this in user mapping, to which it assigns utorizacion to him of select and it works normal, single with this user I have east problem... thanks for everything...

Solution

Well I had the same problem, when granting a user access to a federated table you need to make sure the user has access on the Source Database where the physical table resides only then will the user beable to query the the federated table on its nickname.