Unanswered: combo box property

hello i am a new programmer in access. i just need u'r help if u know how to set the properties of the combo box so that if the user clicks the alphabet "A" then all the items in the list with "A" as starting alphabet are top in the list . this phenomenon is used if we have multiple entries starting from "A" to "Z" .
    plz help out. email at monarips@yahoo.ca
    thanks
    mona

if your combo is getting it's data from a saved query, maybe you want to set the sort order in that query.

otherwisein design view, right-click the combo: properties, data, rowsource. if you click in there you can open the rowsource in the query design grid... and set the sort order.

izy

Exclamation

it's not too hard to use two combos one that conatains a list of groups and one that contains all your data.

By use of a cleaver union query you can populate you data combo with everything AND have the selected group of data at the top.

This is much the same as word does with fonts AND recently used fonts at the top.
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682