Unanswered: Replication problem "can not insert null into colum step_name in sysjobs".

When trying to create a new publication using the wizzard i get the error message

"cannot insert null into colum step_name in sysjobs".

Replication was working fine on the server before. It stopped working when i installed SP3, i removed the old replication and tried setting it up again but get the error above when creating the publication.

Any ideas would be extremely useful. I have been unable to find any details of this on the web.

Many Thanks
    Ash.

Re: Replication problem "can not insert null into colum step_name in sysjobs".

Are you sure the clean up was successful? What I mean is there maybe some replication setups still reside in the system tables. I would check sysjobs first to see if there are unrecognized jobs in it and go from there.

Re: Replication problem "can not insert null into colum step_name in sysjobs".

Originally posted by joejcheng
    Are you sure the clean up was successful? What I mean is there maybe some replication setups still reside in the system tables. I would check sysjobs first to see if there are unrecognized jobs in it and go from there.
    Thanks for the reply joejcheng.

I've tried quite a few different things. Like you the first thing I thought was to look in sysjobs and sysjobsteps, however there isn't anything in there that looks untoward.

Like you I'm inclined to think its something that hasn't been completely removed. I'd do a reinstall but its a production server so this isn't an option.