Unanswered: table design query

Hi All,

Can any one tell me an SQL statement which will provide the schema/design of a table in an Access db? I'm not sure whether this exists, but I'm curious to know.

Also is it possible to know what columns are used for primary key in a table by using queries?

Lastly, is there a way that I can access the DateCreate and DateUpdate of a table? I need to keep a backup of a database, but do not want to copy the whole db, but only the tables which are updated.

Tia
    Arun

continued....

Hi again..

Well.. I got to know the answer for the 3rd question: query the msysobjects and eureka!! there it is.

So please answer the first two.

Tia again
    Arun

While I work on an answer to the first question tell me more about your answer to the third quoting code where possible. I did not think that could be done or rather I was ignorant of such possibilities.
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

Msysobjects

Hi Matt,

Here's what I got to know about Msysobjects:

This table 'Msysobjects', is a system object of a database (it is created when the db gets created).

It is usually hidden and does not have any permissions. To view the table, choose tools->options and in the view tab, check system and hidden.

To provide persmissions, go to tools->security->user group and permissions. Select the table and provide permissions required.

You should be able to view the tables 'Msys*' - Msysobjects is what we need. Open this table and you will see a list of entries with object names. In order to understand it better, query this table:

select * from msysobjects where type=1 and name not like 'msys*';

where type = 1 indicates that it is a table.

Please let me know if I'm wrong any where.

Tia
    Arun

Exclamation

wow, that's some pritty good information.

My current answer for (1) is I think so. I'll let you know when I find out more.
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

thnx Matt

but can u make it fast (faster is good too although fastest is awesome)

Thnx
    Arun

gotcha..

Hi All,

I got the answer for the questions I had asked.

The solution is OpenSchema:

http://support.microsoft.com:80/supp...NoWebContent=1

I was also able to successfully write an application perform required tasks.

Thnx
    Arun