Unanswered: Migration of data from Unrelational Schema to Relational Schema

Hello All,

I am new to ORACLE. I need some help regarding migration of data.
    I need to migrate data from unrelational schema to relational schema. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

I would like to add some more information regarding this. I have some data in unrelational schema and i have to migrate this to a relational schema. And also I have to do some changes while migrating the data. For this we have to generate Extraction Scripts and load using sql loader. I need help regarding generation of the extraction scripts. As I am new to ORACLE I donno much about this.

Thanx,
    Deepa
    Last edited by deepa_ijantkar; 09-19-03 at 07:58.

Smile Re: Migration of data from Unrelational Schema to Relational Schema

Hi there,

If the data u wanna migrate is in flat text files read up on SQL Loader.
    It's one of the tools in Oracle which is very frequently used for loading data.

If u r using 9i then use the facility of external tables and just do a insert into...select command

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Azhar.

Originally posted by deepa_ijantkar
    Hello All,

I need to migrate data from unrelational schema to relational schema. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

Thanx,
    Deepa

Re: Migration of data from Unrelational Schema to Relational Schema

Regarding generation of the scripts, you can
    do with either Erwin Tool or Toad tool.
    Those tools will generate the scripts and further you can modify the scripts and you can make use of modified scripts in the required format.

srihari84@hotmail.com

Originally posted by deepa_ijantkar
    Hello All,

I would like to add some more information regarding this. I have some data in unrelational schema and i have to migrate this to a relational schema. And also I have to do some changes while migrating the data. For this we have to generate Extraction Scripts and load using sql loader. I need help regarding generation of the extraction scripts. As I am new to ORACLE I donno much about this.

Thanx,
    Deepa