Unanswered: control privilege for DB2 function

Any body know how can I control the execute privilege on a SQL DB2 function. ( Unix / Linux or Windows)

eg. revoke / grant execute on function from/to user.

Thanks,

Guyang

Provided Answers: 5
    Guyang,

You can only grant/revoke privaleges on packages. The trick is to figure out what the package name for a function is. Try SQL similar to this to figure it out:

select pd.pkgschema,pd.pkgname,p.valid from syscat.packagedep as pd,syscat.packages as p, syscat.functions as f where (pd.bname = f.specificname) and (f.funcschema = 'MYSCHEMA') and (funcname = 'MYFUNC') and (pd.pkgschema = p.pkgschema) and (pd.pkgname = p.pkgname) and (pd.bschema = f.funcschema)

Note: you may get back more than one entry back (I do not know why) so be prepared.

HTH

Andy

Andy,

Thanks for you reply.
    Based on your SQL, I provide my function name and schema and get the package name related to that function back.

With this package name, I query the syscat.packageauth and then revoke the " execute and bind " privilege from public. I hope to use this way to control the execute on my function.

But when I do the test, It seems all normal (public) users still can use the function retrieve data.

Any idea or suggestion.

Thanks,

Guyang

Guyang,

I am not really a security guru on functions. You can try the SET PATH statement and leave out the Schema that the UDF resides in.
    This will disallow then to use any function in that schema though.

Andy

Andy ... I assume you mean SET FUNCTION PATH ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by ARWinner
    Guyang,

I am not really a security guru on functions. You can try the SET PATH statement and leave out the Schema that the UDF resides in.
    This will disallow then to use any function in that schema though.

Andy
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Sathyaram,

Yes, according to my SQL manual the words CURRENT and FUNCTION are optional.

Andy