Question Unanswered: SQL Error number -954 applheapsz

Hi, there.

I am kind of new to UDB and this is my first post.

I have a batch program running on UDB v8 and it executes all kind of sqls over a single connection. After some time I get SQL Error -954, which suggests us to increase th applheapsz and we incresed it from 256 to 30,000.
    But, no luck. Still program comes out with above error exactly at the same place and same time. I was expecting that the program will be okay or it may come out with error after processing some more records than earlier.
    In short increasing applheapsz does not show me any effect.

Any help would be appreciated?

Regards.

You might try restarting DB2 if you haven't already.

I would also consider running the Performance Wizard on the database from the Control Center. Usually, at least 50% of system memory should be allocated to DB2 (the Performance Wizard will distribute the memory to different DB2 components based on questions it asks you). You can customize the parameters further after running the Wizard.

Thanks a lot.
    Seems re-starting DB works!!.
    My self and our DBA beleived that with UDB v8 we do not have to restart the Database in order to take this change in parameter to take effect.

Thanks again.

Many parameters are online ... but not all of them are ...

Refer to the performance tuning guide, configuring DB2 section for information

Cheers

Sathyaram

Originally posted by Rakesh_Ray
    Thanks a lot.
    Seems re-starting DB works!!.
    My self and our DBA beleived that with UDB v8 we do not have to restart the Database in order to take this change in parameter to take effect.

Thanks again.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.