Unanswered: SQL 2000 Replication

Hey all
    Using: SQL Server 2000

I'm trying to replicate databases from 7 serves into one main one. For example say data from servers A, B, C, D, E, F, G go into one main server, say, server Z. I'm using snapshot replication method. The final outcome of this replication should be as follows: Each server has tables in it, when these tables are replicated into Server Z, I want to add extra field in the table (on Server Z). This field will represent where the record came from, ie, either Server A,B.. etc. I cant add the extra column in the Publisher server tables (Server A,B..etc). The column MUST be added in the final replicated table on server Z.

Has ne one out there done sumthing similar to this? If so please help me out with. I've been struggling with this for a while now. So any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

snapshot will overwrite the schema, I think it should be transactional, and definitely with fields existing on the publishers.

Re: SQL 2000 Replication

1. Use transactional replication
    2. Use horizontal filter for subscribers (host_name() is good in this case).
    3. Use pull subscriptions.
    4. Use updatable Subscriptions

The reason I chose snapshot because the databases are large, also this replication needs to be done on a weekly (if not monthly) basis.

The only problem i'm having is that i cant add the extra column in the final table. Using the wizard, if I use the 'Add coloumn' feature it adds the column to the publishers tables as well (this causes severe problems). So is there a way to add a column to the subscribes tables only during the replication, while leaving the publisher tables untouched.

Thanks in advance.