Angry Unanswered: not a database error! heeelpp!

I have been making a microsoft access 2000 db for about 2.5 years for the company that I am working for and it has been synchronized for maybe almost two years. Besides the record is deleted errors that I have fixed by importing everything into a new db all has run pretty well -- till the last three days. Each day for the last three days it has given the "the database... needs to be repaired or isn't a database file" etc error at some time during the day, regardless of the fact that I have imported it into a fresh db and even made new tables out of the existing data using make table queries to get rid of old replica system variables yesterday. Today, for the third day in a row, I had to push yes to repair and then go through adding back some data from a bunch of wierd conflict tables to recover the data. Before redoing the replica process this time I ran the compact/ repair tool about four times but the way my luck is, I wouldn't be surprised to see the same problem monday. Does anyone know why this keeps happening or have a better, more permanent solution. There is only one replica containing the tables and all the other db objects that about 11 or 12 people work out of besides my design master. Thank you for your time and help.

addendum

btw, the db is housed on a user's pc in a shared folder on a peer-peer network, with a security module in place but not really attached to the db--I haven't figured out yet how to attach a security to just one db after I've had to reimport all the data into a new db. Thanks