Question Unanswered: db2 v8 ese - new instance creation

I am in the process fo creating a new instance on a server that currently has udb v8 ese installed. Will I need to have another copy of the .rhosts and db2nodes files for this instance? I think i do but need to comfirm with others in the trenches.

Re: db2 v8 ese - new instance creation

I always thought that .rhosts should be in the home directory of the user(instance owner in this case) ...

db2nodes.cfg should also be availabe at the instance level and hence for every instance you create, there should be a db2nodes.cfg file ...

HTH

Sathyaram

Originally posted by drogers
    I am in the process fo creating a new instance on a server that currently has udb v8 ese installed. Will I need to have another copy of the .rhosts and db2nodes files for this instance? I think i do but need to comfirm with others in the trenches.
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

those are my thoughts as well. I will provide an update once i get this done. stayed tuned. thanks for the response.

Originally posted by drogers
    those are my thoughts as well. I will provide an update once i get this done. stayed tuned. thanks for the response.
    I successfully created another instance of UDB ESE v8. I also created a .rhosts and db2nodes.cfg under this instance. this install was validated by a successful creation of a test database across all partitions and the stop and start of the instance itself.