Hey I am pretty new to Access. Can someone look in to the following set of query and tell me why the sum of the AMT_FEE is different

Query 1
I used this query to get a list of all the AMT_Fees and export to excel where I summed it there. the result is something like $1.46 Billion (aggregate)

SELECT DISTINCT UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.AMT_FEE, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.NBR_POOL, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_EXECM
FROM UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET, UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC
WHERE (((UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT)>=#1/1/1997# And (UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT)<=#12/31/2002#) AND ((UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE)=1 Or (UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE)=2 Or (UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE)=6) AND ((UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.NBR_POOL)=[UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC].[NBR_POOL]))
ORDER BY UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT;

Query 2

I used this query that uses the sum function in Access and got the result of like $40 billion.

SELECT DISTINCT UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE, Sum(UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.AMT_FEE) AS SumOfAMT_FEE, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_EXECM
FROM UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET, UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC
WHERE (((UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.NBR_POOL)=[UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC].[NBR_POOL]))
GROUP BY UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE, UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_EXECM
HAVING (((UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT)>=#1/1/1997# And (UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT)<=#12/31/2002#) AND ((UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE)=1 Or (UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE)=2 Or (UDBADM_POOL_FEE_SUM_DET.CD_FEE_CAT_DET_TYPE)=6))
ORDER BY UDBADM_MOL_FAS140_SECR_CHARTC.DT_INCEPT;

Is there anything wrong with the way that the query was set up?

Thanks for any help