Unanswered: replication setup problems

I am running DB2 UDB 7.2 on AIX 5.2 (both 32 bit) and trying to setup a replication environment. I have problems defining several tables as my replication source tables:

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL1163N The table cannot be enabled for data capture as the identifier name "TABLE" of type "1" is too long. SQLSTATE=42997

Any way around this issue with replication? Thanks

Scott

Re: replication setup problems

For a column name exceeding 18 bytes, the work around is to define replication on views

Cheers
    Sathyaram

SQL1163N The table cannot be enabled for data capture as the identifier name "<ident-name>" of type "<ident-type>" is too long.

Explanation: Data capture is not supported with certain identifier types exceeding specific lengths. In processing the attempted change, it was found that the identifier "<ident-name>" of type "<ident-type>" is too long. The identifier types and the maximum lengths allowed for data capture enablement are as follows:

column. Column names cannot be longer than 18 bytes for data capture to be enabled.
    table. Table names cannot be longer than 18 bytes for data capture to be enabled.
    schema. Schema names cannot be longer than 18 bytes for data capture to be enabled.
    User Response: If data capture is to be enabled for this table than ensure that the identifiers in question do not exceed the maximum sizes stated above. Otherwise disable data capture for the table in order to use longer indentifier names.

sqlcode: -1163

sqlstate: 42997

Originally posted by mixxalot
    I am running DB2 UDB 7.2 on AIX 5.2 (both 32 bit) and trying to setup a replication environment. I have problems defining several tables as my replication source tables:

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/6000] SQL1163N The table cannot be enabled for data capture as the identifier name "TABLE" of type "1" is too long. SQLSTATE=42997

Any way around this issue with replication? Thanks

Scott
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.