Originally posted by KewellMagic
Now I need to know how to put a link to the DB on that custom page.
Hi! As omiossec mentioned, you can use a variety of ways. If you stick w/just FileMaker, you can use either Instant Web Publishing or Custom Web Publishing using the FileMaker Pro Web Companion. IWP is easy and built-in but limited in many ways. Custom Web Publishing is much better, but requires coding.
I've never used IWP before, but I just checked it out for you since I am guessing that this is what you want to use. Try this...
- set the Web Companion default page back to the built-in page
- with your db set to be shared via Web Companion, go to the URL of your computer
- when the built-in FMP page shows your db's that are shared, click on your db
- you should get in to your db and see a long URL something like this:
- set Web Companion back to your default page
- create a link to the FMP URL you saw earlier
I just did a quick test and it seemed to work for my laptop, but if you have any web development or programming experience, I strongly encourage you to use Custom Web Publishing instead. Good luck, though!