Unanswered: oracle forms server

HI,
    My forms are working fine when i run them on my machine. I tried to put them on the server and was told that i have to create an env and a html file and make changes to the formsweb.cfg file. The forms are complied. I have done all these but when i try to run the form thru the html i get a blank screen. Where am i goiing wrong. The same set of files works fine when i run it on my machine (using the local OC4J instance). And i know that the server is functioning since the other application are working fine. It is mine that is bouncing. Pls help

Thanks a lot

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1

Re: oracle forms server

Originally posted by narass
    HI,
    My forms are working fine when i run them on my machine. I tried to put them on the server and was told that i have to create an env and a html file and make changes to the formsweb.cfg file. The forms are complied. I have done all these but when i try to run the form thru the html i get a blank screen. Where am i goiing wrong. The same set of files works fine when i run it on my machine (using the local OC4J instance). And i know that the server is functioning since the other application are working fine. It is mine that is bouncing. Pls help

Thanks a lot
    You don't give a whole lot of useful or specific details.
    Which OS & OS version on both "my machine" & "server"?
    Exactly where on the server did you place the compiled forms files?
    Which folder(s) does FORMS90_PATH environmental variable include?

Hi sorry for not providing the details.
    Well the machine that i am using is Windows 2000 professional and the server is on Windows 2000 server.
    We have a folder called "testapps" on the server, where all the applications are stored in their respective folders. Mine is placed in a folder called "commlia". The path is D:\testapps\commlia. I have updated this path in the environment file, which i have called "Commercial.env". My forms_90 path in the env file has this entry
    FORMS90_PATH=D:\Ora9i/forms90;D:\TESTAPPS\stdobj;D:\TESTAPPS\commlia;

Please let me know if you need anyother information to help me.
    Thanks a lot.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    Originally posted by narass
    Hi sorry for not providing the details.
    Well the machine that i am using is Windows 2000 professional and the server is on Windows 2000 server.
    We have a folder called "testapps" on the server, where all the applications are stored in their respective folders. Mine is placed in a folder called "commlia". The path is D:\testapps\commlia. I have updated this path in the environment file, which i have called "Commercial.env". My forms_90 path in the env file has this entry
    FORMS90_PATH=D:\Ora9i/forms90;D:\TESTAPPS\stdobj;D:\TESTAPPS\commlia;

Please let me know if you need anyother information to help me.
    Thanks a lot.
    Debugging this type of problem is not easy.
    I suspect that the Forms Server is NOT using "Commercial.env";
    which is why your forms are not be found/displayed.
    For my systems I simply change $ORACLE_HOME/forms90/server/default.env & then bounce the server.