Thread: Acces 2000

Unanswered: Acces 2000

Hi. I am trying to set up da db with access 2000.
    Somewhere I read that I should not use password on my db if I intend to replicate the db.
    I don't really understand what "replication" means..

Re: Acces 2000

Originally posted by david2000
    Hi. I am trying to set up da db with access 2000.
    Somewhere I read that I should not use password on my db if I intend to replicate the db.
    I don't really understand what "replication" means..

FROM BOL:

Replication is a set of technologies that allows you to keep copies of the same data on multiple sites
    Replication uses a publish-subscribe model for distributing data:

A Publisher is a server that is the source of data to be replicated. The Publisher defines an article for each table or other database object to be used as a replication source. One or more related articles from the same database are organized into a publication. Publications are convenient ways to group related data and objects that you want to replicate together.

A Subscriber is a server that receives the data replicated by the publisher. The Subscriber defines a subscription to a particular publication. The subscription specifies when the Subscriber receives the publication from the Publisher, and maps the articles to tables and other database objects in the Subscriber.

A Distributor is a server that performs various tasks when moving articles from Publishers to Subscribers. The actual tasks performed depend on the type of replication performed.