Unanswered: Distributed Transactions among servers with different languages

Hello,

My software uses DTC. When my server pool consists of Windows 2000 English machines only, everything works perfect.

However, if I test the software with some computers running Windows and SQL Server in Spanish and others running Windows in English, the software fails. Sometimes I get "0x8004d01c: A connection with the Transaction Manager was lost," others "0x8004d01b: Failed to obtain the Transaction Dispenser Interface." The DTC services are up and running in all computers.

As I said, it all works well when all servers run English Windows 2000. Is there a chance that the Distributed Transaction Coordinator service in English can't communicate with its counterpart in a Spanish Win2000?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Dont get me started......

Have you checked Technet for this?

Cheers

SG

I've not been able to get any documentation on this subject. What have you learned? Please "get started"...

Originally posted by sqlguy7777
    Dont get me started......

Have you checked Technet for this?

Cheers

SG

Hi

Sorry....."get started" is an expression...ignore it....

If two servers run two different languages, a T-SQL command in english may look different to the same command in Espanol, si?

i.e. SELECT * FROM TEST - English
    ??????? * ????? ????? - Espanol

Does microsoft use same key words in Espanol & English?

HTH

SG

The key words are the same. The language syntax is the same. This is true for SQL, C, VB and everything else.

We've narrowed down the problem, and it seems that the property "isenabled" of a COM+ object is not available in the Spanish (or French) versions of Windows 2000. It does exist in Windows 2000 English. Is this possible?

Originally posted by sqlguy7777
    Hi

Sorry....."get started" is an expression...ignore it....

If two servers run two different languages, a T-SQL command in english may look different to the same command in Espanol, si?

i.e. SELECT * FROM TEST - English
    ??????? * ????? ????? - Espanol

Does microsoft use same key words in Espanol & English?

HTH

SG

Howdy

I dont know - I'm not a COM+ dude. It is possible, and worth doing some more searching on the internet as well. Have you looked right through BOL as well?

Sorry I cant help more.

Cheers

SG

I would be surprised if something as basic as that was not available but there are strange problems with language versions.

This sounds like a wwindows problem rather than sql server (unless you are talking about the database property). Try posting on the microsoft newsgroups

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups/