Question Unanswered: how to increase the execution speed of oracle 9i forms

I wanted to know how to increase the speed of oracle 9i forms when we are executing it? or how to decrease execution time ?

Re: how to increase the execution speed of oracle 9i forms

Make sure WHERE clauses in DML statements are written to use the indexes you have created. If you can isolate the places where the forms are getting slow and get the DML statements running at each point, then try to create additional indexes to suite the statements. This will reduce most of the execution time. Do not try to creat too many indexes for a single table which will again reduce performance. Try to create one index with many colums as possible.

Cheer,
    Suren.

Originally posted by raul_misir
    I wanted to know how to increase the speed of oracle 9i forms when we are executing it? or how to decrease execution time ?

Thumbs up Re: how to increase the execution speed of oracle 9i forms

thanks for ur guidance
    I will follow ur guidelines
    but i wanted opinion about web side
    how to increase web execution speed
    when oracle 9 form is executed on browser webpage
    it takes a lot of time loading servlet later loading applet
    although i use native jvm inspite of Jinitiater.
    I will be very thankful
    Thanks Rahul

Re: how to increase the execution speed of oracle 9i forms

I haven't used oracle 9 forms, but if it operates similar to 6i web forms then consider the following.
    1. Recude using different color combination and images because this slows the load time.
    2. Rather than writting validation triggers for each item, try to do validations of multiple items in a single location such as record level.
    3. Try to monimise the interaction of the brower with the web server as far as possible, because each validation has to go to the server, validate and return back to the client.