Unanswered: how many databases can postgre simultaneously run?

hey guys,

i'm new here and new to PostgreSQL and am wondering how many databases can PostgreSQL run simultaneously? [Mac OS X]

is there a limit? since i have one computer to act as a database server it will have to serve several postgresql databases at the same time.

i estimate about 10 seperate datases each with about 20 tables and each with several thousand users/records.

i would appreciate any info on what i mayneed to look up for.

also can anyone suggest a good database / sever design.
    each database i am running is designed to be completely seperate from each other but since i have only one computer to act as server they will have to share the processing power.

as my business grows (hopefully) i will buy new hardware to act as servers, anyone got any good advice about server configuration?

the main use of my servers is to file transfer many large files of which the average size is approx. 10mb.

thanks alot in advance.

Thumbs up Unlimited

Theroilly, a postgresql server can handle unlimited Databses at the same, but it depends in you system and memoty and disque limit only.
    For example at my office we have more than 25 databses in the same (very very large databses) and it's orkinbg fine but I'll suggest you somthing very important , postgres was designed for Posix systems , it would work perfectly above aLinux or a Unix platform.
    Open up
    Take a look to my Blog http://www.rundom.com/karim2k

posix

Karim is right, your only real limits are disk space, memory, and processor speed.

He mentioned though that you should be running a POSIX system. Don't worry about that, because OS X is built on top of FreeBSD, which is POSIX and happens to be the very OS I prefer for all my *nix servers.

So you're set to go

Thumbs up Posix rules !

I'm sure that Mac OS X is a cool OS , but NOTHING can replace the Linux Shell from the hell ! A server with a penguin aboard is a piece of heaven !
    Open up
    Take a look to my Blog http://www.rundom.com/karim2k

thanks alot guys I appreciate the answers.