Unanswered: UDB Developers in Scotland, where are you all?

I am interested to ask a question of the forum and its well educated members of the DB2/UDB community - what's wrong with Scotland as a location to live and work?

I am recruiting (or trying to!) for a number of prime clients who require contract UDB 'development' skills in Scotland's Central Belt area, but I see good ones as often as I have seen the Loch Ness Monster - why is that?

For those UDB developers who have never ventured here let me tell you that it is a wonderful place, full of beautiful countryside and great people who always make newcomers welcome, usually with a wee dram (whiskey to those of you who may not know what a dram is).

Anyone have any thoughts on where they exist and how I can find them, or equally if you would like to help a lady in distress, do you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role or anyone who would simply like to have a discussion about the UDB market?

I hope you'll be kind enough to respond with your thoughts and maybe your help

Best wishes

Isabelle

Re: UDB Developers in Scotland, where are you all?

If you are looking for a UDB Devloper Expert, I'm sure you are not alone in the frustration ... It will be shared by recruiters across the coutry ...

UDB Development/DBA Expertise (I mean it) in the UK is quiet scarce ..

Easier option is to get an experienced database developer and cross-train to db2 ... Of course, I know, not many companies want to do that ...

Good luck ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Originally posted by Isabelle Lanoye
    I am interested to ask a question of the forum and its well educated members of the DB2/UDB community - what's wrong with Scotland as a location to live and work?

I am recruiting (or trying to!) for a number of prime clients who require contract UDB 'development' skills in Scotland's Central Belt area, but I see good ones as often as I have seen the Loch Ness Monster - why is that?

For those UDB developers who have never ventured here let me tell you that it is a wonderful place, full of beautiful countryside and great people who always make newcomers welcome, usually with a wee dram (whiskey to those of you who may not know what a dram is).

Anyone have any thoughts on where they exist and how I can find them, or equally if you would like to help a lady in distress, do you know anyone who is currently looking for a new role or anyone who would simply like to have a discussion about the UDB market?

I hope you'll be kind enough to respond with your thoughts and maybe your help

Best wishes

Isabelle
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi Sathyaram,

Thank you for replying to my message. I appreciate the feedback that you have given me.

It remains difficult to find these guys so I appreciate the suggestion and I will certainly forward this to my clients.

If I can repay the help you have given me, please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Isabelle

Originally posted by sathyaram_s
    If you are looking for a UDB Devloper Expert, I'm sure you are not alone in the frustration ... It will be shared by recruiters across the coutry ...

UDB Development/DBA Expertise (I mean it) in the UK is quiet scarce ..

Easier option is to get an experienced database developer and cross-train to db2 ... Of course, I know, not many companies want to do that ...

Good luck ...

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Try putting this very same message on IDUG Indian site. I bet lot of developers from India would love to work there. They have world class expertise and are very much in demand all acorss the globe. Just my two cents....

dollar

Hi Sathyaram,

Thank you for replying to my message. I appreciate the feedback that you have given me.

It remains difficult to find these guys so I appreciate the suggestion and I will certainly forward this to my clients.

If I can repay the help you have given me, please feel free to get in touch.

Kind regards,
    Isabelle

Thanks for your help. I will have a look...

Isabelle

Originally posted by dollar489
    Try putting this very same message on IDUG Indian site. I bet lot of developers from India would love to work there. They have world class expertise and are very much in demand all acorss the globe. Just my two cents....

dollar

I had a look at idug india site ...

One FAQ says:

I'm an employer, can I post a job offering to the list?
    India DB2 User Group is NOT to be used as a forum to advertise/post job offers or approach members for the same.

You may be better off posting in a job related site ... Yahoo India may be a good starting point to get a list of sites , if you are interested

Cheers
    Sathyaram

Thanks for your help. I will have a look...

Isabelle
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.