Unanswered: SQL Server Thrusted Connection

With NT-Security i can connect to SQL Server 2000
    but when i choose to use a username and password i always get the following error:

Login failed for user "sa". Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL server connection.

Can anybody tell what a trusted SQL Connnection exactly is, and how to create one?

Thanks

You get this error when SQL is expecting an NT account, but you are attempting to use a SQL account (sa). It tries to find the sa account on your domain, but obviously, cannot find one.

There are a few reasons this can be happening. It would be helpful to know how you are trying to connect (ODBC, OLEDB, etc) and from what (Access, VB< ASP, etc).

Try using the Client Network Utility to set up a server alias, and specify that you want to connect with a SQL account.
    -bpd

The problem seems to be the following:
    I start SQL Server Enterprise Manager and change the authentification method (on the security tab) to "SQL Server and Windows", but when i reopen the security properties of my server it has been reset to "Windows Only".

(I'm using "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server")

Have you restarted the SQL Service after making the change?

Also, why not just setup and use an NT account (just curious)?
    -bpd

i guess his question is "what is trusted connection". it means that sql server does not perform any authentication itself other than validating that the windows login is granted permission to login. contrary to standard sql server security, no password validation occurs.