Smile Unanswered: <Date()-(Like[Enter number of days past account open:]&"*") WHY WON'T THIS WORK?

I'm trying to set up a query that requests number of days an account is overdue based on the criteria expression listed in the subject of this message. Can anyone help?

Re: <Date()-(Like[Enter number of days past account open:]&"*") WHY WON'T THIS WOR

Originally posted by PatrickFAO
    I'm trying to set up a query that requests number of days an account is overdue based on the criteria expression listed in the subject of this message. Can anyone help?
    SELECT Date_Table.TYPE, Date_Table.ID, Date_Table.NAME, Date_Table.READONLY, Date_Table.CKVAL, Date_Table.DATA, Date_Table.UPDATED
    FROM Date_Table
    WHERE (((Date_Table.UPDATED)<Date()-[Enter Days Delinquent]));

<Date()-[Enter Days Delinquent] is what you enter on the criteria line.
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns

Talking THANK YOU!

Worked perfectly! I didn't realize that was going to be so simple! Thanks for your help! Now is there a way to include the number you type into the prompt in the report so that it shows number of days you're looking at?

Re: THANK YOU!

Originally posted by PatrickFAO
    Worked perfectly! I didn't realize that was going to be so simple! Thanks for your help! Now is there a way to include the number you type into the prompt in the report so that it shows number of days you're looking at?
    Create a text box on the report, probably in the page header, and then under the properties -> Control Soure and put in [Enter Days Delinquent].

If you really want to get fancy change it to
    ="Accounts that are delinquent more than " & [Enter Days Delinquent] & " days.".

If you want to change the query so you can to groups as in 30, 60, 90 and so on the string would be:
    Between (Date()-[Enter Min Days Delinquent]) And (Date()-[Enter Max Days Delinquent])

And you would change the text box to be:
    ="Accounts that are delinquent more than " & [Enter Min Days Delinquent] & " days and less than " & [Enter Max Days Delinquent] & "."

Another one to impress the management is to do row counts on the report. Refer to: Knowledge base article KB98790
    http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=acc97
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns

Talking Exactly what I needed!

Thank you very much! You've been a big help today!