Unanswered: SQL Server xp_sendmail issue

Hi

Could you please point to some helpful links for configuring our SQL Server to run xp_sendmail ?

Does xp_sendmail run as SQL Server job, or, SQL Mail job or SQL Server Agent job ?

From the forum, i found helpful code segment for creating a temp table and sending it as an attachment.

i use Win 2K SQL Server (NOT .NET).
    When i run xp_sendmail, it gives an error

xp_sendmail: @user parameter not defined

As per xp_sendmail there is no parameter like @user. The closest is @set_user. However, that does not help.

Regards.

Re: SQL Server xp_sendmail issue

Originally posted by babbu
    Hi

Could you please point to some helpful links for configuring our SQL Server to run xp_sendmail ?

Does xp_sendmail run as SQL Server job, or, SQL Mail job or SQL Server Agent job ?

From the forum, i found helpful code segment for creating a temp table and sending it as an attachment.

i use Win 2K SQL Server (NOT .NET).
    When i run xp_sendmail, it gives an error

xp_sendmail: @user parameter not defined

As per xp_sendmail there is no parameter like @user. The closest is @set_user. However, that does not help.

Regards.
    There is a detailed help provided in BOL search for xp_sendmail

you have to have mapi-compliant client installed on the server for the same account as sqlserver service. then you need to specify the profile in sqlmail configuration window. once it passes the test you're done. @user parameter is not valid because it's not needed - the mail will be sent from your sqlserver account, which is what I think you want to specify. there are more elegant alternatives to xp_sendmail, such as xp_smtp_sendmail and cdo-based method. i would recommend to research them unless you plan to receive mail as well.

HI MS_SQL_DBA

Thank you very much for your help. The configuration was the issue. i have set up the email now and my mail functionality is working.

With warm regards,
    Babbu