Unanswered: Events not showing in the drop-down menu.

I downloaded a sample Access97 project that had a TreeView control (class MSComctlLib.TreeCtrl.2) included. When I copy/pasted the TreeView onto my form, I don't seem to have all the Events that are listed in the sample project. The only Events listed for the TreeView after I pasted it, are: Enter, Exit GotFocus, LostFocus and Updated. The downloaded project has these plus several others including: Click, DblClick, NodeClick, etc.

I made sure my references included the Common Controls 6.0 (c:\winnt\system32\mscomctl.ocx).

As a result of not having the missing events, I can't use the NodeClick event since it isn't recognized.

Can anyone explain why the control on my form doesn't have all the events that the control on the downloaded project has?

tia,
    flynn

Re: Events not showing in the drop-down menu.

Originally posted by flynn
    I downloaded a sample Access97 project that had a TreeView control (class MSComctlLib.TreeCtrl.2) included. When I copy/pasted the TreeView onto my form, I don't seem to have all the Events that are listed in the sample project. The only Events listed for the TreeView after I pasted it, are: Enter, Exit GotFocus, LostFocus and Updated. The downloaded project has these plus several others including: Click, DblClick, NodeClick, etc.

I made sure my references included the Common Controls 6.0 (c:\winnt\system32\mscomctl.ocx).

As a result of not having the missing events, I can't use the NodeClick event since it isn't recognized.

Can anyone explain why the control on my form doesn't have all the events that the control on the downloaded project has?

tia,
    flynn
    Is the mscomctl.ocx registered?

If not go to a command prompt and type in
    regsvr32 c:\winnt\system32\mscomctl.ocx
    and see what you get. Note that you will have to copy and register the ocx s for any other workstations/servers that you want to run this.
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns

Sorry, but I should have mentioned that I ran the downloaded project on my system without any problems. So, I thought I could just copy/paste the TreeView control into my project.

Just in case, though, I re-registered the OCX. No difference. The event list just shows the five events. If this downloaded project used WithEvents, could this give access to the rest of the events? I didn't find anywhere in the downloaded project that it did use WithEvents, so that is just a guess.

Can you go into the references in the sample and see what all libraries and controls are selected and make sure that they all match and are registered?

Then see what you get.
    Jim P.

Supoorting Oracle, MSSQL7, Sybase 8, & Pervasive. Confusion Reigns