Question Unanswered: Ingres 2 repl tuning and/or network config

Hopefully somebody out there can help me...I don't have a lot of dba skills so I'm hoping I can rely on the kindness of strangers.

When I replicate my ingres database over the same subnet, everything works OK, but as soon as I throw a few hops in between them, everything gets fubar (3-4 hour processes take 3-4 days).

I've positively ruled out bandwidth as an issue, so should I continue to try and go down the networking road by analyzing captured packets? Or should I try seeking out advice on Ingres performance tuning to account for the hops and/or latency involved in the WAN link?

Jonny Volk
    Systems Integrator

Hi,

It is possible to make Ingres perform better by purging and modifying tables. Ingres also has many features you can use to performance tune. A good site to have a look at is:
    http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~yuan/Ingres/ingres.html

Like yourself I am no DBA (I'm an A/P) I rely on support from CA and I also learn a lot from them (There is a link to the CA Ingres pages on the site above).

Sorry I don't have a straight answer but I hope you can find some info at the sites above.

Cheers

S.

Originally posted by sypher
    Hi,

It is possible to make Ingres perform better by purging and modifying tables. Ingres also has many features you can use to performance tune. A good site to have a look at is:
    http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~yuan/Ingres/ingres.html

Like yourself I am no DBA (I'm an A/P) I rely on support from CA and I also learn a lot from them (There is a link to the CA Ingres pages on the site above).

Sorry I don't have a straight answer but I hope you can find some info at the sites above.

Cheers

S.
    Thanks sypher. I actually already have found that link and I must agree it's got tons of information. My company has a relationship with CA but I'm not sure if it covers ingres.

Jonny