Unanswered: Problem Connecting to Access Db from ASP

I have some ASP files on a server. There is also a different folder which contains a mdb. The folder doesnt have right to any user. Connection to the mdb is established through a connection string / DSN. The DSN is created on the server in which the files and the mdb lie. When running my site i get the following error.

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)
    [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data

Could anyone help me in solving this issue as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Regards,
    K. Sripriya

Are you sure you are giving the DSN the right user name and password
    Code:
    Rs.open “table1”, “DSN=data;uid=username;pwd=password”
    If this doesn't help, can you display some of your sample code...

Yes it does sound like a problem with the connection string and/or DSN as the database apparently isn't being found.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

Re: Problem Connecting to Access Db from ASP

Originally posted by PriyaBabu
    I have some ASP files on a server. There is also a different folder which contains a mdb. The folder doesnt have right to any user. Connection to the mdb is established through a connection string / DSN. The DSN is created on the server in which the files and the mdb lie. When running my site i get the following error.

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file '(unknown)'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data

Thank you,

Regards,
    K. Sripriya

even i have the same problem ,in case if u get the solution pls e-mail me

Thank you,

Regards,
    K. Sripriya

Thank you,

Regards,
    K. Sripriya

Problem Connecting to Access DB

If u r using an Access Db, instead of creating a DSN, user provider to connect to the Database which should solve ur problem. I removed the DSN and used provider to connect to the DB and the problem is solved.

Also ensure that the MDB file has full access while the folder doesn't have write access for the Internet guest account.

Regards,
    K. Sripriya

also check that the database is not open in MS Access software...