Angry Unanswered: I am working with Magic

We are connecting to DB2 for OS/390. When we issue SELECT statment from Our Java Application no data is retrived. The SELECT statment include WHERE that contain arabic search critirea. We test the same SQL statment in Command Center and it worked ok. The code page for the mainframe is 420 while our PCs is 1256... I don't know what going on that make the select stamtent retrive nothing from java. ANY BODY COULD HELP ME WITH THIS ONE.....................................

I am working with Magic

What version and platform are you runing your Java application?
    Are you using the JDBC version 2 drivers?
    We had a simular problem with Java not returning anything using the orginal drivers from version 7.2, version 8 comes with the version 2 drivers.

Re: I am working with Magic

Originally posted by bdschlue
    What version and platform are you runing your Java application?
    Are you using the JDBC version 2 drivers?
    We had a simular problem with Java not returning anything using the orginal drivers from version 7.2, version 8 comes with the version 2 drivers.
    We are using the JDBC 2 with version 7.2. But the data in the database is in arabic format. So when every we try to select any records there is no records retrived.

Inserting Arabic data into DB2

Hi All,

Has anybody got a solution to insert Arabic data into DB2 Version 7.2[Fixpak 7] on Windows through a Java program.

Please let me know. I am using JDBC Version 2 driver.

Thanks
    Sri

Re: Inserting Arabic data into DB2

Originally posted by shreevats
    Hi All,

Has anybody got a solution to insert Arabic data into DB2 Version 7.2[Fixpak 7] on Windows through a Java program.

Please let me know. I am using JDBC Version 2 driver.

Thanks
    Sri
    I think you should convert Arabic character to Unicode format (\uXXXX format) before post it to database. We had tried this for CICS and it works fine.