Unanswered: Cheap microsoft+perl database

Hello all,

I recently developed a web database that was centered on PERL with MySQL running on Apache in Linux environment. I don't know much about windows, being just fresh out of university where all of research and projects were done on open source platform.

Right now, I am in a situation where I need to develop a web database based on MS Access. This is because the client thinks it's the cheapest solution.

Can you guys recommend any tutorials out there? I cannot seem to find a DBI MS Access module, and cheapest solution I found was to use Spreadsheet:: module to write to excel and try to read off of it.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated and links to info/tutorials even more so.

Cheers.

DBI

maybe Access works with ODBC ????!!!!!
    http://www.postgresql.org
    --Postgresql is the only kind of thing--

Thanks a bunch

I really wish I knew more about microsoft world (can't believe I"m saying this). HEh.

Arrow

I don’t know if you’re still working this but if you are both Apache and MySQL are open source and have windows versions. I use the windows version of MySQL a lot. If you are not reselling it its free. Can’t get much cheaper than that. MS Access dose accept ODBC connections by the way.

johnjohn