Question Unanswered: Relational Auto Update

Hello All,
    I have three databases, one with voulenteers, one with events for those voulenteers to voulenteer at, and a database that stores combinations of workers/events/shifts.

Each worker has his or her own serial, each event has its own serial, and those are used to link them all together. The w/e/s database has fields for EvntSerial and WorkerSerial linked to the serials in both the other databses.

In Functions, there is a portal that links back to w/e/s database. I have fields in that like "date of function" "function name" and "assigned voulenteer". The problem is, when i have w/e/s open and type in an event serial number or worker serial number, it auto fills in the name. BUT, when i select a name from the field-generated value list (to be sure it matches), it does NOT auto fill in the serial. I tried setting multiple relationships like workerserial::serialID AND workerfullname:Name, but it does not help.

If i try to set a Lookup for the workerserial field (like Autolookup serialID from external file workers.fp5), it gives me a circular error. So it updates one field when one is filled in, but not vice versa. Is there some other way I should be doing this?

Thanks,
    John

Lightbulb Workaround

Think I figured it out - if I delete the workerID relationship, set a new one using different fields (like Name), create my auto-enter lookup using the workerID field, then recreate the workerID relationship, it works fine and does not give errors unless I open the lookup formula again.

Hopefully someone else will find this useful - if anyone knows a better way to do this let me know.

Thanks,
    John