Unanswered: Innodb and MyIsam together

Hi All:
    Please note that we are going to port our application to MySQL 4.0 and we are coming across a situation in which some of our tables are going to be of InnoDB type and some are of MyISAM.

I want to know that is it possible that there can be refrential integrity between these two types of tables.

This condition can be explained like this :
    Let there are two tables A of type MyISAM and table B of type innodb,
    and B is having some refrential integrity with A.

Regards,
    -Ravi

Only INNODB tables (and BDD) can use referential integrity, referential integrity are based on a tablespace, so table A b and c type must be INNODB

But you can style use join statement with this table.
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

Thanks for replying:

I am new to MySQL can you just help me in understanding following:

How the database concept differs in Oracle and mysql, basically I want to know that in both oracle as well as mysql to start with creating tables etc first we create the database.So what is conceptual difference when a database is created in oracle vs that created in mysql

-Regards

Ravi

Originally posted by omiossec
    Only INNODB tables (and BDD) can use referential integrity, referential integrity are based on a tablespace, so table A b and c type must be INNODB

Originally posted by omiossec

[RAVI]
    Thanks for reply .I want to know:
    1. Whether DB will not permit to craete tables of different types refering each other
    2.It will permit to create table of different but will not going to honour the refrential integrity.

Ravi