Unanswered: Thai Character As Primary Key Search Problem

Hello all,

I had a table, where the primary key field is a VARCHAR that stores Thai character. Now the problem arrised when I tried to do a SELECT operation using Thai character as the primary key. Sample SELECT had changed to question marks (?):

SELECT * FROM LOS.BUS_TYPE WHERE CODE = '2?'

Any help please.

Thanks

Neo

DB2 Thai Character problems

Hi Neo,

Can you tell me what is your database codeset and collate option when the database is created? TIS620-1 and NLSCHAR?

Can you specifiy the db2 version? "db2level" will tell you the level.

Sherman Lau

Talking

Yeah, the CODESET thing is correct. My DB2 is a basic level of :

DB21085I Instance "DB2" uses DB2 code release "SQL07025" with level identifier

"03060105" and informational tokens "DB2 v7.1.0.68", "n020616" and "WR21311".

Any hope?

Thai TIS620-1 NLSCHAR collation

Try upgrade from v7 fp7 to v7 fp9 or newer. There is a APAR, IY39449, for the TIS620-1 NLSCHAR collation. The APAR was fixed in v7 fp9.

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/ps/produc.../APARLIST.html shows the list of APAR in v7 fp9:
    IY39449 CREATING INDEXES WITH NLS COLLATION USING THAI CODE SET TIS620-1 MAY CAUSE INDEX KEYS TO BE OUT OF ORDER

Sherman Lau

Thanks for the information, as discussed with my colleuge, after patched the DB with the FP9, another issue with the IE to set the default language to Thai. This is more to development issues.

Thanks alot!