Users of Databases...

Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but hope that you can help with an issue I have.

I returned last year to do a degree in Management and Information Systems on a part-time basis and in my "Databe Design and Development" lecture, we have been handed the mammoth task of creating a fully working Database application for a department of a company of our choice.

I am looking at creating this for a dept or company that uses a database, but outside of the typical industries that use them such as video-shops, hospitals and schools. Can anyone think of any other dept or company that would use a dB extensively that we could use to create this application.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Voodoo

Re: Users of Databases...

I work in the printing industry as a systems/database adminstrator. We use databases very heavily from our estimating department, prepress departments, pressroom, bindery, shipping/receiving to accounting.

---
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum, but hope that you can help with an issue I have.

I returned last year to do a degree in Management and Information Systems on a part-time basis and in my "Databe Design and Development" lecture, we have been handed the mammoth task of creating a fully working Database application for a department of a company of our choice.

I am looking at creating this for a dept or company that uses a database, but outside of the typical industries that use them such as video-shops, hospitals and schools. Can anyone think of any other dept or company that would use a dB extensively that we could use to create this application.

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Voodoo [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Re: Users of Databases...

Hi there,

It's probably a bit late to answer this now, since it's been nearly two weeks since you posted but I only joined today. I have to do the same thing and I've chosen to create a DB for a garage.

If you have already decided, I would be interested to know what you have chosen.

Hi Tuscany,

Actually, we decided to go with a project for a creche. As you can imagine, tehy have alot of manual processes that could utilise a database system.

Cheers,

Voodoo