I have problems with codepage conversion! when i insert data from a client (command window) in a database an read them again the german
"umlaute" like ä,ö,ü are not shown. the client and the server codepage is "850" !when i insert data then unset the db2codepage variable, db2terminate and connect again it works! But normally i should be able to insert and read again! Can somebody explain this??
When i use the CLP or the Command Center it works!
Can you please send more info about your operating system, db2 vesion, etc. You can also read Must Read before posting for more tips.
This question depends on db2 version and operating system you use. On Windows:
- check the "chcp" command to see the current code page - to correct this see bellow,
- on db2 v7.2 there is db2clp.ini file where the right code page must be provided,
- see the Properties (right click on menu bar) and the the Font tab: select TT Lucida Console font.
1. Start the Command Window.
2. Enter the command: notepad db2clp.bat
3. Go to the line "chcp" and change the Windows code page e.g. 1250.
4. Save the file.
5. Close all opened "Command Window" windows.
6. Start the Command Window and try again with command "chcp".
7. Now this chcp command should return the windows code page e.g. 1250.
I tried alle the described steps before I decided to write to dbforums!
Perhaps ta reason for such problems could be the System! I use Windows 2000! A collegue using Windows XP doesn't need to terminate db2! He only has the "standard" problem, that query a db with a different codepage it doesn't work anyway!
I tried to change the font type of the command window on both systems. On Windows 2000 nothing changed! But on Windows XP after changing the type I get the letters in the right way!! That's great!
Do you know why there is a difference between the two operating systems?
If have another Codepage question! When I set the db2codepage variable in Client Command Window, which codepages are available?
Are these the pages of the client operating system? Or the same available in db2 sever? And how do i get a list or a directory of codepages installed on db2 server?