Thread: Import Problem

Unanswered: Import Problem

Is it possible to import excel sheet or MS Access Database into Oracle database using SQL Navigator???

I dont think you can with sql navigator but you can use the oracle migration workbench to migrate access databases to oracle.

Alan

Import Problem

Hi Jenraj,

It isn't possible to import an excel spreadsheet or Access File into Oracle using SQL Navigator.

If you have TOAD (Same company who make SQL Navigator), it would be best if you save the file as a CSV/comma delimited file and use SQL Loader (TOAD has a SQL Loader GUI) to get the data into Oracle.

Regards,

Gill

Import Problem

It is not a whole databse that I want to migrate... Just a single table in Access...

Re: Import Problem

Originally posted by gellis
    Hi Jenraj,

It isn't possible to import an excel spreadsheet or Access File into Oracle using SQL Navigator.

If you have TOAD (Same company who make SQL Navigator), it would be best if you save the file as a CSV/comma delimited file and use SQL Loader (TOAD has a SQL Loader GUI) to get the data into Oracle.

Regards,

Gill
    Whats a CSV file? Yes we have toad...

Hello Jenraj,

CSV is a file format that SQL Loader can read. You can change the file extension of your XLS file to CSV. If you are not sure you can use a backup copy of your file for a test.

Make sure you have the table structure before you begin SQL Loader.

Gill

Hi Gill,

I will try that and see... Seems like it is possible to do the same using command line prompt sqlldr /? and then giving the csv file name and ctl file name...

Thanks,
    JenRaj

Hi Gill

I have toad in my system and I could convert the access table into csv file. But I do not not know how to import this data into oracle by using Toad SQL Loader. Please help me, how to use DQL Loader throgh TOAD.

My basic purpose is to convert the Access Table in to Access Table. I could use Oracle Work Benth. But My requirement is to export the table from Acces to Oracle on regular basis.

Hi Jenraj,

Regards,

Gill [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

hi,

have you tried the following ?
    Add a column to the excel worksheetas the first column and for every row the cel has a value like 'insert into table values ('.
    Add another column as the last one, with the value for every cel set to ');'
    Then convert it into a cvs file et voila, you have a sqlfile containing insert statements. Just run it at the sql prompt.

Hope that helps
    Edwin van Hattem
    OCP DBA / System analyst

Nice Idea I will try that...