Unanswered: reversed sorting on without any SORT command / sort based on record number

Hello,

I have been learning to write an invoicing application with Access 2002 for some time now. Currently I am working on the report section, where it is suppose to print out the invoice. This is where things get interesting.

My invoice form includes a subform where I can add unlimited numbers of lines. On my report form, I use grouping based on invoice ID, which is actually an autonumber field, with ascending sort. What bothers me is that Access print my report upside down, that is, my last line on subform printed first, and my first line printed last. This obviously is not convenient. I need those lines printed in the order they are entered.

Do you know why this could happen, and what should I do to rectify this?

Thank you for your time.

sincerely,
    andy

Have a look at the recordsource of your subreport and sort it by the autonumber field and make sure that it is not sorted by any other field
    JJ Kennedy
    Double J IT Solutions
    www.doublejit.co.nz

VB 6, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access

Sorry I just read through your post again and you do not have a subreport and use grouping therefore check the order of your main report.
    JJ Kennedy
    Double J IT Solutions
    www.doublejit.co.nz

VB 6, VB.NET, ASP.NET, MS SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access

In fact I do have subform, if that is the same as subreport?

Anyway, in my report I use grouping on the autonumber field, sort to ascending.

I have tried your way this morning and unfortunately it didn't work. I don't have any sort other than on my autonumber field of the parent table.

Currently I am trying to solve this on the query form which is the recordsource of my report. If I didn't use any sorting at all, the data displayed in correct order. The moment I use sort on any field at all, Access immediately reversed that order. My guess the problem lies within the query form itself, and not necessarily had anything to do with the report form.

Further help will be apppreciated.

thanks,
    andy