Unanswered: Oracle 9 i Release 2 support for Red Hat 9

Hi All:
    I want to know that whether ORACLE 9 2.0.X is supported on Red Hat Linux or not ??

If possible provide some urls of official announcement by either by Red Hat or Oracle.

Regards,

Ravi

Re: Oracle 9 i Release 2 support for Red Hat 9

Originally posted by ravishankar
    Hi All:
    I want to know that whether ORACLE 9 2.0.X is supported on Red Hat Linux or not ??

If possible provide some urls of official announcement by either by Red Hat or Oracle.

Regards,

Ravi

oops !!!!

did not mentioned RH version in the msg body
    Please note that I am talking about RH9.

-Ravi

Smile Re: Oracle 9 i Release 2 support for Red Hat 9

Hi Ravi,

Oracle 9i Rel2 is not certified on RH linux 9. It's certified only for RH ES/AS 2.1.

However you can install it nevertheless with some tweaking here and there. Got to www.puschitz.com it's a wonderful site giving u all the possible info in this matter. I was able to install the same config last month.

All the best !

Regards,
    Azhar.

Re: Oracle 9 i Release 2 support for Red Hat 9

Hi Azhar
    Thanks for replying,
    So you are saying that you faced prolem during installation but after installation what is your observation ?

Are you able to effectively use oracle on RH9 in your application with out compromising on any feature etc and with out any limitations ?

one more question:
    Are you using it for some real time application or only for some evaluation etc ??

Regards ,

-Ravi

Originally posted by aekjobs
    Hi Ravi,

Oracle 9i Rel2 is not certified on RH linux 9. It's certified only for RH ES/AS 2.1.

However you can install it nevertheless with some tweaking here and there. Got to www.puschitz.com it's a wonderful site giving u all the possible info in this matter. I was able to install the same config last month.

All the best !

Regards,
    Azhar.

Thumbs up Re: Oracle 9 i Release 2 support for Red Hat 9

Hi Ravi,

Yes u will probably encounter some bugs 2 or 3 don't remember but info on the website I referred u to will help.

Yes our current instance of oracle 9.2 on RH9 is running fine. It's not a mission critical installation but we have like 20 to 25 user connections and works satisfactorily. We use it for a small production system. Of course RH ES/AS would be preferred for an enterprise installation but as u know they don't come free.

Feel free to mail me aekjobs@yahoo.com.sg if u need anymore help.

Regards,
    Azhar.