Unanswered: How can I createInnoDB table? (Again)

I have been ask some this like this before that you can see all word below. However I have some problem that my Administrator grant me some Privileges for use MySQL like Admin.

How can I check that my MySQL create innofb tablespace already or not?
    How can I create innofb tablespace?

This my Question:
    I connect to MySQL Server on remote host that MySQL4.0.13a is installed. For my knowledge MySQL4.0.13a is support InnoDB table type, Right? However,when I create some table and define as InnoDB it will show as MyISAM.

Why I cannot create InnoDB table?

This omiossec's Answer:
    You have to create innofb tablespace first

check this
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/us...&tab=db&lang=us

Re: How can I createInnoDB table? (Again)

Originally posted by solar115
    I have been ask some this like this before that you can see all word below. However I have some problem that my Administrator grant me some Privileges for use MySQL like Admin.

How can I check that my MySQL create innofb tablespace already or not?
    If there are a reference to a innodb tablespace in your MySql configuration file (my.cnf or my.ini) and if this files exist on your server.

How can I create innofb tablespace?

This my Question:
    I connect to MySQL Server on remote host that MySQL4.0.13a is installed. For my knowledge MySQL4.0.13a is support InnoDB table type, Right? However,when I create some table and define as InnoDB it will show as MyISAM.

Why I cannot create InnoDB table?

__
    You have to access to your server to modify mysql configuration.
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    http://www.lasso-developpeur.net/
    --

The problem is network administrator said that he give me a root access on MySQL and I can connect it by use phpMyAdmin 2.4.0 so he tell me that I can modify that configuration.

What is your idea?

I think I cannot modify or check anything on this case if I cannot sit on server. What is the correct idea?
    ^solaris^

This is more information about my server. Maybe it related to the problem.

My server is use Novell Netwatre as OS.
    ^solaris^

You don't understand you need to access to your server file system. MySql root access is not use to modify on your server. You can not do it using phpmyadmin or other web tools.
    Please read the post it a conf file on your server named my.cnf !
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    --

omiossec ,
    I understand what thing I can do. Please read all my word again. I want to tell you that I cannot do something like your suggestion becuase Administrator not allow me to use the server. Only SQL connection and Web connection that I can, so i try to find the way. And however I think the way be not found because it can't.

Do you clear sir?

I ask to Administrator about .cnf file and he show me that no my.cnf file in mysql directory (include sub-directory). It's make me more suprise cause somthing I know is InnoDB is enabled by default but it can't. From my checking I found that skip-innodb is defined and my server use mysqld_safe --autoclose as start up command on Netware server.

Can you tell me more? Do you want more information?
    ^solaris^

Whit out a tablespace you can not use innodb even if innodb is enable on your server.
    If no my.cnf exist You need to create it
    There are no other way
    Olivier Miossec
    --
    --

Ok. That is clear for me,

Maybe next problem for me is ... How can I make my Administrator to understand this? ...
    ^solaris^

This more information.

Now I install MySQL on my computer that run Windows2000 Server as OS. I cannot found the my.cnf file, only my.ini that I found on c:\winnt folder. However no line that contain about innodb settinf but I can create InnoDB table on my computer.

It's make me so confuse that why... Could you explain me for this case?

Thank You.
    ^solaris^