Unanswered: slow database on one workstation

I have a split database with my back-end on the server and the front-end on each or the 10 machines (workstations). My headache is that on one of the workstations the front-end is very slow especially on opening and when opening the main forms. the search forms and query forms are relatively faster. On all the other workstations everything is just good and fast. This machine on which the database is slow has windows xp and office 2000 proffessional. Sometimes when opening the database I get this error message that Could not find the file " ". I have a tablelinker that I use to refresh the linked tables each time a user opens the database. it works well on all the machines. on the slow one it is also slow but links the tables well.

Sorry, some questions?

is that your only XP PC?
    What are the others doing?
    Is the front end local to the PC?
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

slow database application on workstation station

there are at least two more machines running XP, ONE of which is a laptop. there the application is running fine. no problem.

some of the stations are running windows 2000 and others 98 but on all the application is running well.

the front end is in a directory which is in the c drive of the workstation.

another point to note is that this only came after updating the application, that is additions to the front end and the back end. otherwise before the updates the application was running fine on all machines including the troublesome station