Red face Unanswered: Legato DB2 backups

We're all pretty new here in my group with DB2. I've been tasked with trying to get Legato to backup an SAP instance running on top of DB2 on AIX.

Legato has two tarballs which can be installed, the 32 bit and the 64 bit. Since my AIX install is 64 bit, I chose that one. When I use the file command on any of the files unpacked from the 64 bit tarball though I get:

# file libnsrdb2.a
    libnsrdb2.a: Discontinued 64-bit XCOFF executable or object module

or

# file nsrdb2sv
    nsrdb2sv: Discontinued 64-bit XCOFF executable or object module

The reason I tried doing a "file <filename>" was that when I installed this 64 bit version and tried to run a backup, I got the same error shown above. (nsrdb2sv: Discontinued 64-bit XCOFF executable or object module)

So I installed the 32 bit version. And now I get:

# nsrdb2mydatabasename DB2:/mydatabasename

nsrdb2sv: setdb2owner: error: could not authenticate account for mydatabasename
    nsrdb2sv returned status of 255

This seems like a good error. But I have no idea how to resolve it.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Ed.

DB2 comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions for some AIX platforms, so I assume you must match the DB2 install. Regarding the new error, does the legato manual say anything about the error messages?

nothing useful in legato

I understand why it comes in two different versions, what I don't understand is why this 64 bit says it's "discontinued". Legato makes no mention of this.

We have access to Legato's knowledgebase. Nothing useful (for this problem) is in there.

-Ed.

Originally posted by Marcus_A
    DB2 comes in 32 bit and 64 bit versions for some AIX platforms, so I assume you must match the DB2 install. Regarding the new error, does the legato manual say anything about the error messages?