Unanswered: Using MS Access driver for 3rd party

The company that I work for is currently using a software package called Infinity QMS. It is used to track production processes. We currently use the MS Access driver to run our database, but the manufacturers of the Infinity software claim that there are issues with the MS Access driver working in a network environment, and that it was not designed to do the amount of work we use it for and that we are risking the database becoming corrupt. He recommends that we purchase Microsoft SQL server. I am wondering if there is really a known issue with the MS Access driver becoming corrupt, or am I being given a snow job because the Infinity software was designed to work better with the SQL. Thanks for your time.

Snow job. It does depend on how much data your talking about ... Access does have a HARD limit on size and # of records that can be contained within it ... From that stand point - no snow job ... Access was not really written for the network environment but it does do the job ... Depending on how mission critical the application(s) and how comfortable you are I'd stick with access unless they can prove a better case other than a finicky or spotty driver ...

M Owen... ....we have recently created a new database and entered data from July 31, 2003 to present. I checked the size of the data file yesterday, and it was at slightly higher than 9MB in a little over two months. This is a file that will probably be maintained for several years. At the current rate of growth, it could reach large file size rapidly. The Infinity is a Statistcal Process Control software that tracks all of our processes both good and bad. At what point would the database become too big, or unstable. Our processes are very criticle. We manufacture government materials, and our records of processes have to be near perfect.

I'm sorry. There was a mistake in the software name... ...it is InfinityQS. I appreciate any input offered. Thanks!!

The hard limits of Access currently are 1 Gig in size and a MAX of 1 billion records ...

Unhappy

We currently have approximately three designated users accessing the database, with one person at a time entering the data. From the research that I have done thus far, it appears that the MS Access driver in itself is able to handle the work load. Is there a possibility that the software package (InfinityQS) was written with MS SQL Server in mind, and the instability comes from other than the MS Access driver? And if so, do you recommend the purchase of the MS SQL Server?
    Thanks again for all the help!!