Unanswered: System hang, how can I find the cause ?

Hi ,
    I am working with db2v7.2 Aix 5.2,
    when I run the application sometimes system hang and after I disconted the application and bring up again it becomes OK , who can I find out which tables cause this problem? db2diag.log does not show me any things, please help me.
    Thanks

Re: System hang, how can I find the cause ?

Try setting the diag level to 4 or 5 and/or try taking database and OS snapshot to see what's goin on. Optinally can you describe what your application is trying to achieve?

dollar

Originally posted by M_RAS
    Hi ,
    I am working with db2v7.2 Aix 5.2,
    when I run the application sometimes system hang and after I disconted the application and bring up again it becomes OK , who can I find out which tables cause this problem? db2diag.log does not show me any things, please help me.
    Thanks

Originally posted by dollar489
    Try setting the diag level to 4 or 5 and/or try taking database and OS snapshot to see what's goin on. Optinally can you describe what your application is trying to achieve?

dollar
    Actually I can not change level to 4 because it impact the performace that at this moment it is so important for client and secondly I do not know when the problem will be happened (sometimes happened and sometime does not).

The application is trying to read a file and populates the data to some tables. I used append mode for those tables, can I find which table cause the problem?
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Provided Answers: 1

Actually I can not change level to 4 because it impact the performace that at this moment it is so important for client and secondly I do not know when the problem will be happened (sometimes happened and sometime does not).

The application is trying to read a file and populates the data to some tables. I used append mode for those tables, can I find which table cause the problem?
    Thank you in advance for your help.
    It is not clear what you mean by saying "system hangs". Can you provide more details? Is it the application that stops responding? Is it the instance crash (in that case there would be something in either db2diag.log or in the OS log, or in both)?

If it's the application, can you still connect to the database with the same application from another workstation? Can you connect using CLP? Can you telnet (ssh, rsh, whatever) to the database server?
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Originally posted by n_i
    It is not clear what you mean by saying "system hangs". Can you provide more details? Is it the application that stops responding? Is it the instance crash (in that case there would be something in either db2diag.log or in the OS log, or in both)?

If it's the application, can you still connect to the database with the same application from another workstation? Can you connect using CLP? Can you telnet (ssh, rsh, whatever) to the database server?
    Sorry for unclear describtion.
    Yes exactly, application stops responding, and we can start te same application (from scrach) in another workstation. and we can use CLP and telnet to the database server.
    Thanks

Sorry for unclear describtion.
    Yes exactly, application stops responding, and we can start te same application (from scrach) in another workstation. and we can use CLP and telnet to the database server.
    Thanks
    I think you will need to enable snapshot monitor for locks and applications and see what's going on when the applications hangs - this should give you an insight. Most likely you'll find some kind of locking problem there.
    ---

Originally posted by n_i
    I think you will need to enable snapshot monitor for locks and applications and see what's going on when the applications hangs - this should give you an insight. Most likely you'll find some kind of locking problem there.
    I will ,
    Thank you for your time

I will ,
    Thank you for your time
    Hi N_I,
    I took a snapshot and I saw the application status is "Pending remote request" do you know what is that ? and why the application goes to this status?

Thanks

I took a snapshot and I saw the application status is "Pending remote request" do you know what is that ? and why the application goes to this status?

Thanks
    If you have a partitioned database it may mean one of the partitions does not return results in time. You will need to determine which node misbehaves and see what's happening on it by taking a snapshot on that node. This may help:

http://www.mainframeforum.com/t459990.html
    ---

Originally posted by n_i
    If you have a partitioned database it may mean one of the partitions does not return results in time. You will need to determine which node misbehaves and see what's happening on it by taking a snapshot on that node. This may help:

http://www.mainframeforum.com/t459990.html

Hi n_i,
    we do not have partition database , we have just one node with intera_parallel = yes ,

Thanks