Unanswered: Preventing users from creating new MDB files?

Hello everyone!

I'm trying to find out ways to prevent users from creating brand new MDB files either on a desktop or on a network.

An option I heard of is installing a run-time version of Access from Office Development CD (Reduced functionality mode), which doesn't allow the user to create anything new except for running current Access apps. I assume, one can't create new MDB's with this either. This would be great, but has anyone tried this out, have any experience with this??

Now, I know I can probably prevent file creation at the OS desktop/network level with policies/user or group permissions and so forth. But I'm looking for any other ways, if at all they exist (other than mentioned above) to prevent users from creating new MDB's while still being able to use current apps without allowing them to modify them.

Has anyone any input on this, suggestions?? I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

That is correct. You need the full version of access to create anything - forms, reports, tables, etc ...