Unanswered: Problem inserting data into remote server

Hello,

I'm working on an old database that has been converted to SQL server 2000 and I am having a problem executing the DML statement below. It looks like the problem is related to column file. File seems to be a reserved keyword for sql server. How do I get around this? I already tried brackets around the column name etc.

INSERT INTO [NW_Test_MM].[NW_35].[dbo].T_LOG_STORAGE ([source], [session_id],session_index, [header_type],
    [app_type],
    [access],
    [start] ,
    [stop],
    [computer],
    [file],
    [insert_time])
    SELECT [source], [session_id],
    [session_index], [header_type],
    [app_type],
    [access],
    [start] ,
    [stop],
    [computer],
    [file],
    [insert_time] FROM T_LOG_STORAGE WHERE NOT EXISTS ( SELECT session_id FROM [NW_Test_MM].[NW_35].[dbo].T_LOG_STORAGE derived WHERE T_LOG_STORAGE.source = derived.source AND T_LOG_STORAGE.session_id = derived.session_id AND T_LOG_STORAGE.session_index = derived.session_index) AND T_LOG_STORAGE.source = @dSource

(1 row(s) affected)

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.]
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'file'.]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::InsertRow returned 0x80004005: ].

Re: Problem inserting data into remote server

Originally posted by hijinks
    Hello,

I'm working on an old database that has been converted to SQL server 2000 and I am having a problem executing the DML statement below. It looks like the problem is related to column file. File seems to be a reserved keyword for sql server. How do I get around this? I already tried brackets around the column name etc.

INSERT INTO [NW_Test_MM].[NW_35].[dbo].T_LOG_STORAGE ([source], [session_id],session_index, [header_type],
    [app_type],
    [access],
    [start] ,
    [stop],
    [computer],
    [file],
    [insert_time])
    SELECT [source], [session_id],
    [session_index], [header_type],
    [app_type],
    [access],
    [start] ,
    [stop],
    [computer],
    [file],
    [insert_time] FROM T_LOG_STORAGE WHERE NOT EXISTS ( SELECT session_id FROM [NW_Test_MM].[NW_35].[dbo].T_LOG_STORAGE derived WHERE T_LOG_STORAGE.source = derived.source AND T_LOG_STORAGE.session_id = derived.session_id AND T_LOG_STORAGE.session_index = derived.session_index) AND T_LOG_STORAGE.source = @dSource

(1 row(s) affected)

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    OLE DB provider 'MSDASQL' reported an error.
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared.]
    [OLE/DB provider returned message: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'file'.]
    OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'MSDASQL' IRowsetChange::InsertRow returned 0x80004005: ].
    What is it: (1 row(s) affected) - looks like insert was done? Do you have triggers on remote table?

Try to do simple insert and check is it work at all.

Actually the (1 row(s) affected) is a by product of me printing the INSERT statement, so the insert does not happen.

Actually the (1 row(s) affected) is a by product of me printing the INSERT statement, so the insert does not happen.