Thread: Module Object

Angry Unanswered: Module Object

Hi All,

I think this is actually my first question!

Anyway, now that the ceremony is over, does anyone know how to set a reference to a module object? And the properties and methods that object holds? I don't mind doing some reading if someone can point me to the right location. I tried KB and online help, but to no avail.

Thanks muchly.

Mike.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.

one old dog to another...

dim myModule as module
    set myModule = modules!thisModule 'either form or global module

did you check the object browser? the properties look really boring (CountOfLines and similar).

methods are not that exciting either... they include stuff like CreateEventProc() but i can't think of why i would want to do it that way.

what are you hoping to do?

intruiged, izy

Macro Collection, actually.

Thx for the reply Izy,

I can't believe I actually asked about the wrong collection! That's how ingrained I am for NOT using macros (because modules are better).

What I really need to do is work with the Macro object collection. Really sorry about asking the wrong question. Shame on me.

There are a number of databases using mapped drives in macros instead of the server name. There is going to be a server move-and-consolidation which will result in drive I: going to drive K:, etc.

I can iterate through their databases, but when it comes to the *macro collection*, I don't know how to look at the paramaters to determine if a given action is using a mapped drive.

I know I can use the ConvertMacros action to make modules, then search the modules collection (I think it also has a FindText method) for the shared drive names, but that would be a bit of a half-baked solution. Only full baking for me.

I did check the object browser for the macro and AllMacros object collection, but still couldn't find anything.

Appreciate any help that can be offered.
    All code ADO/ADOX unless otherwise specified.
    Mike.