Angry Unanswered: Hosted FMP file unable to edit

Hello! I'm hosting multiple in house databases on my server using FMS. Since i upgraded to the newest FMS, the people using the web companion cannot edit any records. It says "Access Restiction: You do not have access privileges to perform the action: edit". In the web security databases i have all of the options checked for the appropriate username and password! i don't know what i'm doing wrong. someone please help me!

Re: Hosted FMP file unable to edit

Originally posted by LoffKat
    Hello! I'm hosting multiple in house databases on my server using FMS. Since i upgraded to the newest FMS, the people using the web companion cannot edit any records. It says "Access Restiction: You do not have access privileges to perform the action: edit". In the web security databases i have all of the options checked for the appropriate username and password! i don't know what i'm doing wrong. someone please help me!
    make sure Filemaker web companion is set to use "Web security database". And make sure that database is open with your files..

-Paul

I do have the web companion set to use web security database. I even checked all the fields to try and make it allow for saving changes but it still will not allow them to change it via web companion.

I do have the web companion set to use web security database. I even checked all the fields to try and make it allow for saving changes but it still will not allow them to change it via web companion.

Make sure the databases or pages do not have a "read only" attribute set.

-Paul

Re: Hosted FMP file unable to edit

Make sure your web server o/s is allowing read/write permissions.