Unhappy Unanswered: RDB ODBC to MS Sql issues.

Hi All,

I was assigned a project at work to get an Oracle system to synchronize a table & contents to an sql server.

Seemed daunting, but I found the RDB ODBC driver, loaded that and created a System DSN on my Windows 2000 SQL Server. I am working with creating a DTS package that would run every 3 hours to synchronize the RDB table to the SQL table.

I can connect to the RDB database on the VMS box, browse the tables, pick the one I want, pick the destination table on the SQL Server, preview the transfer.

When I click finish, to run the DTS immediately, it contantly fails, stating the following error message:

Failed to copy 1 table(s).
    Double Click the error row for a detailed description of the error.

When I do that, here is the desc:

Error at Source for Row number 1. Errors encountered so far in this task: 1.
    [oracle][odbc][rdb]%SQL-F-CURNOTOPE, Cursor SQL_CUR3B5A128 is not opened.

What does this mean, and how do I open this cursor !?

It seems that the SQL_CURXXXXXXX changes the text value a lot, almost like a random curor name.

Please help!!

You've set up linked server on the other side(mssql)?, try asking sa to impersonate the other user. or create a repdb user.
    Hope that helped...
    Visit My Website : http://www.oraflame.com

OCP DBA 8i
    Currently: SQL Server DBA 7,2000
    Oracle, PHP Programmer

Nope, not a linked server- I couldn't get this feature to connect to the remote server.

I have a database in MS SQL 2000, and I just want the table from the Oracle RDB Database to send its data < one way only! > to the MS SQL Database to my specified table.

As I said in the previous post- I can even preview the first 100 rows of the transfer about to take place. When I click finish to run the full "copy", it fails with the message in my first post.

Unhappy Still looking for clues...

Anyone else have any clues?