Thread: SQL 444 error

Unanswered: SQL 444 error

System AIX 5.1 DB2 V7.2 fp8,

Having a problem that some of the SQL functions delivered with DB2 (e.g. CEIL, ASCII) will fail with the 444 error and some will work fine. Any ideal, the path is setup correctly, and the links also look fine.

Explanation: The DBMS is trying to access the body of the code that implements routine "<routine-name>" (specific name "<specific-name>"), and cannot access it for the reason given by reason code "<code>" (the codes are listed below). The file implementing the routine is identified by "<library-or-path>", and the function by "<function-code-id>".

The file in "<library-or-path>" could not be found. See the routine creator or your database administrator. The routine definition or the location of the routine may need to be corrected, or the routine may need to be re-linked.

Actually the return code is 1 for the sql 444, its as follows
    Path name "<library-or-path>" is longer than the maximum (255 bytes). Either the routine definition needs to be changed to specify a shorter path, or the DB2 instance path name is too long. Look at the catalog definition to determine which is the case. It may be necessary to move the function body to a directory with a shorter path name.

Does anybody know the table I can look at to see what its trying to call.

Look in syscat.functions. I think func_path should tell you where it is but I'm not absolutely sure.