Unanswered: asp and as400 data

Hello,

I have to make a webpage (on IIS) with a database on AS400. I use asp. For the database connection, I use the ODBC Client Access driver.
    The problem is that when I want to put something on the screen, sometimes it works and sometimes it is very slowly (actualy the page keeps loading). This is strange because I don't change anything on my code. This is even with a very simple sql string (SELECT [DATA] FROM [TABLE])...
    Why does it work sometimes? Most of the time, my browser keeps loading and nothing happens. On the end of the page I close my recordset and connection. So I don't think it's that problem.

Anybody know why? Thnx!

Try setting your recordsets to Nothing

Set MyRecordset=Nothing

Yes I know, I do this standard. But it doesn't work.

Re: asp and as400 data

No idea, sorry, but use the OLEDB Provider instead of that Client Access stuff.

Originally posted by qtip
    Hello,

I have to make a webpage (on IIS) with a database on AS400. I use asp. For the database connection, I use the ODBC Client Access driver.
    The problem is that when I want to put something on the screen, sometimes it works and sometimes it is very slowly (actualy the page keeps loading). This is strange because I don't change anything on my code. This is even with a very simple sql string (SELECT [DATA] FROM [TABLE])...
    Why does it work sometimes? Most of the time, my browser keeps loading and nothing happens. On the end of the page I close my recordset and connection. So I don't think it's that problem.

Anybody know why? Thnx!