Unanswered: Display info in VB - VB Newbie

I am using VB.Net and am new to VB in general. I have a small program that calculates vacation and sick time for each pay period within the next year for an employee. I am looking for a way to display the info which consists of a pay period end date, vacation and sick hours accrued, used, and left. I have considered a list box but I don't know if it is possible to control the size of each column in it.

I could use any suggestions from any VB users.

Thanks in advance.
    SteveH

SteveH
    See chapter 21 in the excellent and cheap (USA$30) beginner's book listed below. You will learn how to use ADO.NET and Microsoft JET, how to connect to a MSAccess database, and how to display data. In 1998, I used a similar volume to get me started in VB6, while I was programming in another language.

Sams Teach Yourself
    Microsoft Visual Basic.NET 2003
    in 24 hours.
    James Foxall
    550 pages
    Sams Publishing
    ISBN 0-672-32537-3

Happy Coding.

Re: Display info in VB - VB Newbie

You can display your vacation/sick time results (from your calculations) in a 'label' (labels 1 and 2 here) on a user form. I use a similar app for one of my departments. The VB gathers employee info from a db, which has running results. These are then displayed in the app's form on load.

Private Sub userFrm1_Activate()
    Dim vRem as Interger 'vacaction days remaining
    Dim empName as String 'employee name
    vRem = (the path to the info)
    empName = (the path to the info)
    label1.caption = vRem
    label2.caption = empName
    End Sub

Originally posted by SteveH
    I am using VB.Net and am new to VB in general. I have a small program that calculates vacation and sick time for each pay period within the next year for an employee. I am looking for a way to display the info which consists of a pay period end date, vacation and sick hours accrued, used, and left. I have considered a list box but I don't know if it is possible to control the size of each column in it.

I could use any suggestions from any VB users.

Thanks in advance.